Monday, October 15, 2007

Today is Blog Action Day

Although hardly anyone is reading my blog, I just wanted to make sure that I participate in this cool initiative: Blog Action Day.

And what would be a better topic for this occasion than Al Gore's receipt of the Nobel Peace Prize last Friday? There are people who wonder what environmentalism has to do with peace or dealing with worldwide conflict. But since there is no similar prize for helping the environment, I think it's a good idea to use this for giving some credit to people like Al Gore. After all, you could argue that he is helping to promote 'peace' between nature and society.

Anyhow, I just wonder how Al Gore would be as a president of the U.S. Would there be a total shift in environmental policies or would other interests and pressure from lobbyists result in only moderate changes? But I don't believe that we will ever know for sure as he probably will never again run for an office in the White House.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.